Twelve WordPress Plugins That Boost Your Content Marketing Efforts
If you use WordPress (WP) for your website and blog, then you know how powerful it is when it comes to SEO right out of the box. But, thanks to plugins you can extend the functionality of your WP website easily. It just takes a few clicks and some easy set-up that simply requires that you can follow directions and click a few buttons.
The following plugins are great recommendations to add to your blog. Don’t add all of these at the same time, though. Read about them and determine what you need, and add only the plugins that you really need to help you boost your content marketing efforts.
1. WordPress SEO by Yoast – This is a plugin that helps you optimize every page you create on your site quickly at the time of creation without having to understand anything about code. It even makes suggestions for you.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/
2. AtContent – Helps you grow your audience and blog traffic by letting you share your content with other bloggers to help increase your readership.
Link – https://wordpress.org/plugins/atcontent/
3. Inline Tweet Sharer – Allows your site visitors, or you, to easily tweet a quote directly from your site that you choose to highlight with the code.
Link – https://wordpress.org/plugins/inline-tweet-sharer/
4. Custom Content Shortcode – You can use this plugin to develop pages with certain content based on keyword, type of post, category and other custom fields on a particular page, or to provide deeper links after certain content.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-content-shortcode/
5. Content Aware Sidebars – This is very helpful because your sidebars can now change based on what your audience is reading and viewing. That way they won’t see the same thing on every page.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/
6. Google XML Sitemap Generator – Sitemaps help search engines find your content and will increase your page rank. This generator creates and updates your site map fast.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/
7. Disqus Comment System – Help control comment spam and let others know about your blog at the same time by adding subscribe and RSS feed options.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/disqus-comment-system/
8. Slick Social Share Buttons – Making it easy for your audience to share your content is one of the ways in which you can practically put your marketing on autopilot.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/slick-social-share-buttons/
9. Add Link to Facebook – This plugin allows each post you make to automatically be shared with your Facebook page.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/add-link-to-facebook/
10. Pay with a Tweet – This plugin is interesting in that it lets your visitors to your website “pay” to download something by tweeting it out first to their followers.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/pay-with-a-tweet/
11. Tweetily – Send out automatic tweets of every new blog post that is published on your website. That allows the schedule function to work as a sharing function at the same time.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/tweetily-tweet-wordpress-posts-automatically/
12. Editorial Calendar – Keeping track of your content will help you boost your content marketing efforts by keeping it all organized.
Link – http://wordpress.org/plugins/editorial-calendar/
Setting up as much automation as possible will help you boost the traffic to your website through content marketing quickly and easily. What’s more is that most of the plugins are free or have free versions that you can use.