Ten Hyperlocal Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses
Regardless what kind of small business you have, you can benefit from a hyperlocal marketing strategy. A hyperlocal marketing strategy is a marketing plan that focuses on efforts to educate people about your products and services within your local community. Hyperlocal marketing can be focused on a specific city, county, or even a specific neighborhood within a community.
There are many ways in which a business can focus on hyperlocal marketing strategies. You can use both online and offline hyperlocal marketing strategies. These strategies can focus on using local search terms to get local internet traffic, and/or using other hyperlocal strategies to focus on making connections in the local community to further your marketing efforts. At its core, hyperlocal marketing strategies should include creating relationships with your customer.
1. Blog with a local focus – Online strategies can be hyperlocal by simply focusing your blog on local events, terms, and customers. Just because you have a blog does not mean you need to address anyone outside your local community.
2. Use daily deal sites – Sites like Groupon, Yelp! and other daily deal sites that allow you to focus your target audience locally are a great idea. Do ensure that you do it more than once. The average number of times it takes to get results is seven.
3. Create YouTube videos with a local focus – You can become a local YouTube.com star. Ensure that you mention your local community. Include local keywords in the description and focus your entire video to your local customers.
4. Advertise in local newsletters – Other people probably have local print and online newsletters. Place your advertisements with them as long as they market to your target audience.
5. Run a local TV ad – The more your local area sees you and your business, the better. Even if you can only afford off-time advertisements, consider creating a local TV advertisement. Call to ask the rates – you might be surprised.
6. Appear on a local TV show – If you cannot afford a TV advertisement, be a guest on a local show. The local news reporters are always looking for sources and locally focused stories to tell their audience, all the better if you create the story for them.
7. Host local events – Business after hours, meet ups and other groups are always needing hosts. Why not step up and volunteer! You won’t be sorry you did it.
8. Have a local contest – Competition is a great way to get buzz in your local community, especially if the prize is a good one. You can use your blog, YouTube, advertisements and all of the above to promote your contest.
9. Collaborate with complementary local business – There are local businesses who market to your audience but who do not directly compete with you. These are considered complementary businesses. Join forces and you can both reap the benefits.
10. Raise money for a local charity – Local non-profits are desperate for funds today with all the cutbacks. Offer your name, and your support to a completely local charity to take advantage of the networks offered by everyone connected to the charity.
Whether online or offline, hyperlocal marketing strategies will boost your sales any time of the year. Use all the tools available to you to further your hyperlocal marketing strategy. Use social media, your blog, and every method you can to promote your business in a hyperlocal format.