In this world of smartphones and computer technology, there is an app for almost everything. People come up with new ideas and develop new applications every single day, for a huge array of different ideas and purposes. Lately, as the environmental movement gains ground with the public as well as with the government, there has been a huge push to come up with great environmentally helpful apps.
Great Ideas Can Sell
Whatever your great green idea may be, you can really make a lot of money by developing apps like this. Governments and people everywhere are looking for ideas for how to help people live green, especially if it saves them money as well. Even at just 99 cents or the few dollars that most apps sell for, these tend to be extremely lucrative. Your idea could be your ticket to living comfortably.
Popular Ideas for Green Apps
These are ideas that have already been developed. The majority of these ideas have multiple versions as people have come up with ways to expand upon what is already available. The entire idea, after all, is to help other people find ways to be more environmentally friendly, or to help them create less waste or environmental impact.
* Ride Share – There are many apps in different locations all over the world that help people reduce their carbon footprint by carpooling with other people in the area. You can find a popular app for this in just about every busy city, especially where commuting is often necessary to get to work.
* Fuel Calculators – Another popular idea that has many versions are apps that help you calculate how much fuel you are using. The premise behind these apps is that you enter how many miles your vehicle has driven, and then update the number of miles when you fill up with gas. This helps you know what kind of fuel economy you are getting.
* Pollution Police – There are also apps that help you report when you see a person or business pollute. Usually, these are not specifically for people that throw gum wrappers out the window, but more for instances where you might see someone dumping into a water source. Many of these apps actually connect with local authorities so legal action can be taken.
* Barcode Scans – Have you ever wondered how environmentally friendly a product you purchase is? With these barcode scanners, you can actually find out what sort of environmental impact a company has with their factories and production of goods. These types of apps come in many forms. There are even apps that can tell you if certain foods or companies are vegan-friendly, which can have a big impact on the environment.
* Remote Power – Have you ever left the house with a sneaking suspicion that you might have left the lights running? One of the most popular types to come about in this green app movement are apps where you can actually turn your lights on and off from your smartphone. This not only helps you monitor your energy use, but can be a great safety feature as well.
* Driving Apps – There are a plethora of apps available that can help you determine what your fuel economy is, as well as how efficient your actual driving is. For example, some apps will even tell you if you are accelerating too quickly, or if you are driving too fast or too slow, to get the best fuel economy.
* Plant a Tree – One really neat app idea that is aimed at solving the major environmental issue of deforestation are apps that actually plant trees for every app purchase. These apps often have games or pictures to look at to entice more people to purchase their app so they can plant more trees.
As you can see, there are already tons of green apps being developed, but there are more ideas out there. Maybe your idea could be the next big thing to help save the environment.