Checklist for Using Social Media as a Lead Generation Tool
Social Media is an excellent tool to use to generate more leads. At your fingertips you have access to thousands of people – it’s a networking event on steroids. But, how do you use social media right to attract the right audience and generate the right leads for your business?
Every type of marketing, no matter the goal, starts with the same thing:
* Know Your Audience – You have to know everything you can about your audience. Who exactly are they? What is their sex? How much money do they make? What are their fears and concerns? What problems do they have that you can solve? You can get to know your audience by going where they are and studying them.
* Spell Out Your Goals – You can’t start any type of marketing without a goal. In this case it’s lead generation. How many leads do you want to generate in what period of time? Exactly who do you want as a lead? What makes a perfect lead, and what would attract that perfect lead?
* Create a Content Strategy – As they say, nothing is done without content. They don’t say that? Well, they should. Without content, you have no marketing strategy whatsoever. You’ll need to create content for your website/blog and social media that has the point of your marketing campaign in mind. Getting more leads.
After that, almost everything else rests on content to promote your lead capture pages.
* Create Compelling Content – If you want someone to trust you to give them information so that the lead can become a prospect, you’re going to have to work for it. Great content uses images, video, audio, and is engaging and relevant to the audience.
* Put Sign-Up Forms on Social Media – You can put a sign-up form right on Facebook, and Facebook can become the landing page. When applicable, put the sign-up form where the content is so that you can get a higher conversion rate.
* Improve Your Social Media Profiles – Sometimes before someone clicks through your links they’re going to check your profile. If you have a bad headshot, and a half-filled out profile, they’re not going to go back and give you their email. Nope. They’re going to click away, never to return. Don’t let that happen. Improve your social media profiles – always.
* Spend Some Money – If you’ve created an awesome content marketing strategy, but hardly anyone is seeing it, then it might be time to pay for sponsored posts on social media networks that have that offer. Capturing leads is one of the ways that you can use social media advertising without spending a fortune.
* Offer Something Substantial – Giving away a freebie to get the email address is a classic practice among internet marketers. But, you can make this work even better by ensuring that the giveaway would only be wanted by your target audience.
* Create Multiple Landing Pages – You should create a new landing page for each social media network so that when your audience clicks through the link on your content they are taken to a special page that welcomes them and makes them feel at home.
With the number of people within your target audience using social media, making social media work for you as a lead generation tool is honestly a no brainer.