Whether you own a web-based business or a ‘brick and mortar’ store, email marketing is something to consider. Communication with your existing or prospective clientele is paramount in the business world. In case you have any doubts about how this can benefit your business, here are five reasons why email marketing is a positive choice for your business needs.
1. Inexpensive: Email marketing is the least expensive marketing tool you will find. Many email marketers choose to use programs such as Aweber or ConstantContact. If neither of those meets your needs, you can do a search on your favorite search engine to find one that would work for you.
2. Quick: It takes a simple matter of minutes to get as much information about your contacts, as it does to send information to them with email marketing. You want to ensure you never let an opportunity to ask for a client or potential client’s contact information so you can contact them again for promotions or new items. The worst they can say is no, but there is an equal chance they could say yes. If at first you don’t succeed, try try again!
3. Higher return on your investment: By using what is known as a double opt-in method on your website or blog, you are able to collect subscribers to your mailing list. These people will have been to your site and are already aware of what you have to offer. You will therefore be narrowing your targeted group. These people are more inclined to purchase from you again because they know you already. This results in perfect opportunities for you to offer pre-release sales on new products and/or services to your existing customers list. As they have dealt with you in some capacity in the past, they are likely to do business with you again.
4. Increasing sales with personalized email: Building a mailing list for your online business is a simple yet effective way you can increase your sales. This is where collecting information about your current or potential customers comes in handy. The key is to have them accept further email marketing messages from you in the future, when you have something new to offer or a special in the pipeline. With the collection of subscribers’ names during the sign-up process or following a purchase, many email sender programs will insert these names into a mass email. Your e-mail message will start out addressing each customer personally, like “Hello [insert name]”, and will arrive to each recipient personalized with their own name.
5. Increasing traffic to your website is another way you can achieve a higher sales level. Targeted email campaigns such as newsletters or sales announcements with a link to your website have approximately a 30 to 50% chance of obtaining a new customer, a sale or both. By using words and formats which will attract the attention of your readers without going to extremes, you are more likely to keep people reading through the whole email.
Whether your need is to send certain information to only part of your list, or track responses on a certain product or service, email marketing is a great tool for your business. This opportunity is a powerful way to bring your business up a notch without breaking the bank or using up valuable time needed on other aspects of your business.