One of the ways in which your website will become more popular and more known by your audience is through sharing on social media sites. The problem is, sometimes website owners make it difficult for their audience to share or engage. The following tips will make it easier for people to share your website.
1. Add Share Button Technology – Depending upon the technology you use on your website, you should add the right share buttons on every page and blog post on your website. Make them easy to notice and use.
2. Use Image-Rich Content – People like sharing images and videos with others. If your content has more images and more video, it will be that much more likely to be shared by your audience. Ensure that the images and videos are relevant and useful too.
3. Add Feature Images That Make Sense – When you share something on social media, sometimes the wrong image is shared due to the technology on your website. Ensure that you have put in the right technology that forces the featured images to go with the shares and that they’re the right size, too.
4. Frequently Update the Content – The more frequently you update the content on your website, the more opportunity your audience has to share. You’re not going to get many shares when the content is not new.
5. Add Follow Buttons – Let readers follow you on your own social media sites, where you will also add the content links so that they can be reminded to go see your information and share it for you, too.
6. Use RSS Feeds – Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary (depending on who you talk to) is an easy way to offer your readers to be able to read your blog along with other blogs. This works well for people who like to organize all the blogs they read into one spot. Your site visitors can use something like feedly.com to organize their feeds for reading.
Link to feedly – http://feedly.com/#discover
7. Share Content through Email As Well – When someone signs up for your email list, it’s a good chance for you to send them information about updates to your website. Make the emails easy to share as well. Always ask your readers to share.
8. Open Up Commenting – Some business owners are afraid of opening up comments on their blogs and articles but the truth is, people will trust you more if they can comment. Plus if they can comment and you can comment back, it will create engagement that encourages sharing.
9. Automate Strategically – There are plugins and apps that help you share your blog posts automatically with all your social media accounts. This is one of the best ways to automate when it comes to encouraging sharing via social media.
Sharing content on social media sites is a great way to make your website more accessible and known by your audience. It is also important to put a call to action at the end of blog posts and anything that you want your audience to share.