Word-of-mouth marketing is the oldest form of marketing that exists, and its still very effective. In fact, one of the best ways to get more clients for any business owner is to increase your word-of-mouth marketing efforts. People trust hearing from those whom they know, or respect, or have other connections with more than they trust a specific type of advertisement.
1. Ask for Referrals If you want your current customers or contacts to give you referrals, it is important that you tell them that is what you want. The more you tell your contacts that you want them to recommend you to others, the more likely they are to do it.
2. Provide Sources with Details A great way to ensure that you get the right type of referrals is to tell your customers and contacts exactly what type of clients you are looking for. That way they can be sure to tell the right people about you and your products and/or services.
3. Be a True Resource The more you can offer to everyone you come into contact with, even if you cannot service them directly, the more youll be seen as a resource to others. They will then trust enough in your skill to recommend people who can be your actual clients.
4. Provide Incentives There is nothing wrong with providing some incentives to your contacts to recommend you to others. You can do it before or after the fact. Some people have successfully given coupons and discounts to those who have recommended them, with great results.
5. Promote Testimonials Ask for testimonials from your currently satisfied clients to share with your social media followers, website visitors, and within your sales pages. Once you receive a testimonial there are many ways in which you can use them to get more business.
6. Build a Community of Customers One way to really catch your word-of-mouth marketing on fire is to build a community of customers who can speak with authority to your awesome services.
7. Create an Affiliate Program A really fabulous way to create momentum in your word-of-mouth marketing is to open an affiliate program for customers only. They are the ones who can really speak to the level and quality of your services you offer.
8. Network Strategically Many people with whom you have casual contact through networking events can be a wonderful resource for referrals. There are many networking groups that you can join to help you get the word out.
Word-of-mouth marketing is one of the best forms of marketing available and one of the least expensive. All you have to do is live up to your reputation and continue to under promise and over deliver so that your clients are thrilled by your products and services enough to keep the word-of-mouth going.