Content marketing is an essential technique that can bring huge returns, even with a low budget.
This is because content marketing is the backbone of all your marketing strategies – from outboard strategies to paid campaigns. It plays a big role in boosting every marketing tactic. And with a great content marketing strategy, you can increase your website reach, boost conversion rates, and improve lead generation.
However, there are popular misconceptions that content marketing isnâ€™t the best way to achieve this. In fact, HubSpot research found that although 79% of marketers believe in the effectiveness of content marketing, only 6% know how to use it properly.
Link for more information – https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/2017-state-of-content-marketing?__hstc=109651674.ed55e3e43762a6c2c8cfb74335e28d3c.1569222236841.1569222236841.1569222236841.1&__hssc=109651674.1.1569222236843&__hsfp=1026983681
To scale your business, create content that focuses on customersâ€™ needs and you should improve your brandâ€™s trust through the content itself.
And instead of just focusing on your calls to action, you also need to create content that drives conversions. Fortunately, leveraging content marketing to boost conversions isnâ€™t too hard. Here are four effective tips you can use to engage readers with your content and improve conversions.
1. Create Persuasive CTAs
One of the best ways to make sure your website visitors take target actions is to be more persuasive and exact in your CTAs. The call to action is where you expect your target audience to take action – whether itâ€™s signing up for free trials, buying a product, or subscribing to your newsletter.
So convey clearly what you want visitors to do. If you want them to sign up for a blog, just say it. To improve your conversions, you can include some case studies or social proof if that makes sense. Also, you can use bullets to show prospective customers the benefits and details of what youâ€™re offering.
Positioning your CTAs mostly depends on the marketing goal youâ€™re pursuing. However, make sure they are detailed and exact; this will boost your conversions. Summarize your target action in a few words and put it inside a button.
2. Optimize Your Content for Purchase-Intent Keywords
Customers find and visit your content intending to convert, or not. If you want to persuade them to convert, create and optimize your content for conversion-oriented keywords; this will encourage them to take the target action.
Use long-tail keywords because people who search for these keywords are 2.5 times more likely to convert.
Link for more information – https://www.conductor.com/learning-center/long-tail-search/
Also, use trigger words such as “free,” “new,” and “now” to capture the attention and create a sense of urgency among potential customers who are interested in making a purchase or signing up. Test and establish what trigger words convert more visitors based on your key metrics, and include them in your content marketing strategy.
Use these methods to optimize your content for conversion-oriented keywords:
* Add keywords naturally in your headlines, subheadlines and within your content. Avoid keyword stuffing and spell your keywords correctly.
* Focus on audience preferences. Pay more attention to the type of content your target customers need the most â€” product pages, product reviews, guides, or videos.
* Optimize your SERP snippets and write appealing SEO page headline and meta descriptions that will show up in organic results.
* Add target keywords in all content. Include the target keywords in subsections within your content and in the FAQ page which helps customers get answers to their questions before purchasing your products.
3. Leverage Powerful Headlines
Headlines is one of the clever ways to make people read your content and boost your conversions. Thus, headlines should be your starting point in content creation if you want to boost your conversions.
Writing headlines that elicit curiosity will encourage more people to click to read more, and these customers are more likely to subscribe and read the content youâ€™re offering.
Here are some ideas to help you create high-converting headlines:
* Create the numbered list titles. Titles with numbers are winners in click-throughs.
* Create headlines with five to nine words. Research suggests that headlines with eight words perform the best.
Link for more information – https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/09/secrets-great-headline-writing
* Include power words. Adding sensory power words in your headlines grabs readersâ€™ attention and it takes your headlines to the next level. For instance, words such as “secret” and “danger” will make readers interested in reading more because they activate their imagination.
* Use CoSchedule Headline Analyzer to analyze your headlines. This tool helps you to rate the ability of your headlines to drive conversions.
Link – https://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer
4. Build a Sense of Urgency
One of the best ways to boost conversions is to tell customers that the time to buy is now. Creating a sense of urgency in your content marketing efforts will make your customers worry the product might not be available in the near future.
A sense of urgency can improve your sales by as much as 332%. So focus on offering low-stock alerts, limited-time deals, and countdown timers for sales. However, donâ€™t use urgency all the time; use it periodically. Otherwise customers wonâ€™t take your deals seriously.
Link for more information – https://assets.entrepreneur.com/static/20160505065640-25-ecommerce-conversion-hacks.JPG?_ga=2.206014551.550405541.1503925634-948830426.1500511197
And for maximum effect, experiment and see what content performs best in your content marketing. If you continually create conversion-driven content, it wonâ€™t take long before you see the results.