Great Add-Ons to Use with Flock
Flock is a feature-packed web browser based on Mozilla Firefox’s codebase. It offers easy access to social networking and media sites, quick blog posting, easy checking of webmail, and much more. It’s the browser that has everything, yet you can add even more to it by installing add-ons.
Since Flock is powered by Firefox, many Firefox extensions will work with it. There are also some extensions that have been designed specifically for Flock. Here are some of the best add-ons for this awesome browser.
* Screenshot – This add-on makes it very simple to take screenshots of web pages. You can access it through the menu that appears when you right-click your mouse. You may save the entire page, the portion that appears in the window, or a selection as a .png or .jpg file.
* Me.dium – Me.dium is an application that allows you to see where your friends are online. You can surf the Web together in real time, and you can discover new websites based on what your friends and others with similar tastes like.
* StumbleUpon – With the StumbleUpon Toolbar, you can discover websites that are related to your interests and previous ratings. You can also submit pages that you find on your own for others to stumble upon.
* SEO for Firefox – This extension is designed for webmasters and SEO professionals to use in researching web pages. It offers information about a page’s inbound links, Alexa ranking, PageRank, RSS subscribers and more.
* Google Notebook – If you are constantly copying and pasting things you find online, Google Notebook is a must-have. It allows you to save text, images and links without leaving the browser window.
* Blogplus – Those who frequently use Flock’s blog editor will love this extension. It adds a number of helpful features to it.
* TwitterBar – Heavy Twitter users will find this add-on useful. Although you can easily post to Twitter through Flock’s sidebar, TwitterBar allows you to do so without leaving the page you’re on.
* Email This! – This extension makes it quick and easy to email information from web pages. You can access it from the right-click menu. Emails include the page’s link, title, and any text that you highlight.
Add-ons allow you to customize Flock to best suit your needs and preferences. They allow you to have fun, surf safer and more efficiently, and get the most out of your web-browsing experience. These are just a few of the add-ons available for Flock, so if there’s something you want to add to your browser, check Flock’s website and addons.mozilla.org. Chances are, you’ll find just what you’re looking for.