Five Ways to Become a Better Blogger
Blogging is a simple process but a lot of work. While it is not hard to post to your blog, getting the traffic and the revenue from your blog that you desire is a tougher proposition. Maybe youíve been blogging for a while and still arenít seeing the traffic numbers youíd like. Here are five ways that you can enhance your blogging skills.
1. Keep up with the times. No one wants to read last monthís news. A blogger has to know what is going on in the world yesterday, today and tomorrow. Some important issues stay in the headlines for months but your audience will want fresh updates on those topics. Knowing what is going on around you and what will interest others will make your blog content worth reading.
2. Change your content often. There is nothing worse than losing traffic youíve worked hard to attract because you donít update your posts. You might not post every day but you can be sure that your readership will drop off it you only post once a month. Readers like fresh content and they will go where they can get it. If you need to, hire a writing company to product interesting content on different topics and post the information on a regular basis. This would work well if you have more than one blog and not enough hours in the day to manage them all.
3. Network with others. Get your content out there. Register with search engines and join social bookmarking sites like Technorati and Digg so people can see what you are doing. Share your blog address with friends on your profile page on MySpace or Facebook.
4. Pay attention to your readership. When people comment they would like for you to answer them back. Some ask questions and some just want to let you know that they agree or disagree with what youíve said. Take the time to talk to them. After all, they took the time to visit and post a comment. Their comments can drive the direction your blog takes in the future if you want to keep them as readers and increase your traffic.
5. Keep your ads to a minimum. Ads are a way for bloggers to make money with their sites. Thatís all well and good and a few ads are great and will attract attention. If you post too many, however, visitors might be turned off. You want your content to be the main attraction. If the ads coordinate with your blog niche, thatís good but only a few and at the top of the page if you want them to be clicked regularly by visitors.
Blogging is an art. Creating interesting content and keeping readers coming back is a job. If you already blog, use these five tips to enhance your value to the blogosphere.