When you put in the work to create video blogs, you want to be sure they’re seen. To make that hard work pay off, you need to promote your videos. Part of promoting is to pay attention to SEO. Search engine optimization is done in many ways, and many of them are listed here. Any way that you can encourage people to find your video, you should do.
* Choose a Good File Name – When you save the video on your computer and then upload it, give the video a name that makes sense as to what the content is. When the video is shared through the net, this file name will be indexed.
* Add a Keyword-Rich Title – The title of your video on the places you share it should fit the content, but should also include some keywords that help search engines find your video. Include the keywords in the first three words of the title.
* Don’t Forget the Tags – Many people think tags are useless, but the ability to include them are still being added to platforms including WordPress and YouTube for a reason. Include them and you’ll rank higher.
* Give It a URL That Makes Sense – In some cases your URL is your title, but sometimes you might want to shorten the URL. But, if you do that, ensure that it makes sense to the content of the video.
* Use the Right Link Text during Promotions – When you are promoting your video on your blog, website, or other areas that allow HTML, use the right link text (sometimes called anchor text). This ensure that it is something people want to click on.
* Share Your Videos on Video Sharing Sites – Sites like YouTube, Flickr.com, and Vimeo.com and others allow you to share all your videos. You should share them where appropriate and fitting. The more eyes on your video, the better, and at least for now duplicate content issues aren’t as important. Do provide original and unique text descriptions for each place you put your video.
* Cross-Link to Other Videos – When you write any blog post that is relevant, you can add the link to the video at the bottom as other information that your audience might want to see. You can tweet the video out as well as share it on other social media.
* Ask People to Share It for You – Always in every video ask people to like it, share it, and tell others about it. The more you ask, the more likely it is to be shared.
* Keep Comments Totally Open – Always let people make comments on your videos. Closing off comments is a sure way to kill the video. Yes, sometimes you’ll get spam, and sometimes people will be mean or disagree, but that’s part of the process. How you respond will make a huge difference in how you’re perceived.
* Repurpose Videos – You can cut up longer videos into shorter quick videos to share with your audience, and even turn videos into blog posts, or transcribe the videos, add to them and turn them into a short eBook or report.
Creating the video and publishing it is your first step. Ensuring that you take these extra steps will ensure a higher viewership. That viewership will snowball and eventually you’ll have a larger fan base so that anything you put up gets many viewers almost automatically. But, you’ll need to do a little work to get to that place.