Membership sites are an excellent way to increase revenue and develop a recurring revenue stream. What makes membership sites so easy to run and virtual money-making machines is the technology that runs it all. The membership site software you choose will depend on your skill level and whether you’re going to hire a technology expert to work with you or not.
Here are a few software options for all skill levels.
* EasyMemberPro.com – This is powerful and easy-to-use membership software that runs on your web hosting service. It is made to be user friendly and integrates with many autoresponders, WordPress, and forums. It has a built-in affiliate program manager, automatic backups so you don’t have to worry, coupon codes, one-time offers, up-sells, unlimited site licenses, easy member management and more.
* AMember.com – One of the favorites of membership site creators, aMember Pro has many features such as free installation, an affiliate module and integrated helpdesk, and it works with WordPress sites too. You can have unlimited membership levels as well as drip content delivery and even email management if you choose to use it. It’s a one-time fee unless you want to upgrade, and it is installed on your server.
* Kajabi.com – This membership site software is cloud based and carries a monthly fee. The good thing about that is you don’t have to deal with the technology end of things as much as you might with self-hosted membership software. Kajabi has many features such as automatic content delivery, easy to create squeeze pages, landing pages, drip technology, commenting and discussion forums, and more. You can try it out free.
* MemberPress.com – This is a WordPress plug-in that will help you create awesome membership sites with your current WordPress site. You can control content access, sell digital products, accept payments right on your site, and build really good membership sites. It integrates with AWeber and MailChimp. It also integrates with WordPress-based forums like bbPress and Simple Press Forum if you should care to have a discussion forum with your membership site.
* SiteManPro.com – This software works with WordPress by using MemberPlug and even static HTML websites. You can build a membership site that is very powerful with this software and you can also manage them all from one dashboard. This software has everything from license management to integrations with other products like Zendesk.com (which is hosted helpdesk software). You have a choice of a yearly fee or even a lifetime purchase of this software. What’s more, they even install it on your server, for free.
Membership sites are big business and so is the technology behind building a successful membership website. Choose carefully. If you are a member of a site now that you enjoy using, why not inquire as to which software they use. Typically, people are happy to share what membership site software they use, especially if they happen to be affiliates of the software and can make a small profit from your purchase.