As you know, an autoresponder allows for you to send a series of pre-written emails to your list subscribers. Each person who subscribes to your mailing list will start at the beginning of the autoresponder series. For any series to work, it needs to be as good today as it will be good tomorrow. In order to ensure this works for you, follow these eight tips.
1. Understand What Youíre Promoting Ė In advance of creating an autoresponder series itís imperative that you know what you want to promote. Each email you create should build up to and promote the items you have ready to sell to your audience.
2. Know the Audience Youíre Promoting To Ė If the content you used to get subscribers was sufficiently targeted then you are more likely to get a good response from your autoresponder series. Ensure that each message is directed carefully to the audience you attracted.
3. Promote Evergreen Items in the Series When Itís Right Ė You have products within your offerings that you plan to offer today, tomorrow and in the future. These are the things you want to promote in an autoresponder series when itís the first thing your subscribers will receive, because everyone on your list will receive things at different times. Itís the best way to promote these items because theyíre not date sensitive.
4. Promote Date Sensitive Items Differently – Only promote date sensitive items to people who have already signed up, so that everyone is getting the message at the same time. It wonít work to promote date sensitive items to new subscribers due to the fact that some may sign up after the event is over.
5. Inform Subscribers about Your Company Ė With new subscribers, always send a welcome email message immediately. This is a message about your company and all the offerings, testimonials and recommendations youíve received, as well as any accolades and awards. They want to know who you are and itís best to tell them up front while theyíre still motivated.
6. Choose an Appropriate Order Ė When you create your series itís important to ensure that the order of the series doesnít compete with other emails that youíre sending to your audience in terms of other autoresponder series already going out, and one-off emails that you send occasionally that are more date conscious. You want each series you create to go out on different days, so pick your schedule carefully.
7. Remember the CTA Ė Every email you send should include a call to action and an offer to let them click through to make a purchase. You donít need to wait for the end of the autoresponder series to start asking your audience to purchase. You want to ask for the sale or some sort of action in every single email that you send. Remember, once they make a purchase you can move them to a new list of customers and take them off the autoresponder list promoting that product and give them an entirely new series.
8. Track, Track, Track Ė Nothing is ever done without tracking and studying the results. You canít know for sure what is working and not working. Sales are only part of the answer when it comes to whether or not your autoresponder is working as well as it should be.
The worst mistake you can make is not to create an autoresponder series. You can use the autoresponder to create an eCourse and more. They are very effective because you only need to create it once, load it up into the system, and your sales will become automatic.